Hike the 1 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate & explore Machu Picchu right away !
- At 4:00 AM your guide with will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco in our private van. If you are starting your hike from Ollantaytambo, you will be picked up from your hotel at about 5:30 AM.
- From Cusco you will enjoy the sites of Sacred Valley on your way to Ollantaytambo Train Station. (Train leaves at 6:10 AM)
- The Expedition Train allows you to continue enjoying more spectacular views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. In a little over an hour you will arrive at KM 104 where you begin your trek.
- At 7:20 AM, you and your guide will start hiking on the original Inca Trail to the Sun Gate. From the Sun Gate you will experience the first amazing views of Machu Picchu.
- Along the Inca Trail you will explore ancient Inca cities, especially the Wiñayhuayna Inca ruins.
- At 2 AM you will begin touring the Inca City of Machu Picchu on Circuit #3 one of the 4 Macchu Picchu Circuits. Your guide will explain all of the history of this incredible and mysterious Inca City.
- By 5:00 PM you take the bus down to Aguas Calientes.
- At 6:20 PM you take the train back to Ollantaytambo and our private van back to Cusco and your hotel. (Train time depends on availability).
It is not possible to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain due to time restraints.
It is possible to start the 1 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Ollantaytambo or Cusco.
If you choose you can stay the night in Aguas Calientes and we will book your return train for the next day in the afternoon. (The hotel needs to be booked by yourself)
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km104 – Wiñaywayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel at 4 AM in Cusco for your journey with our private van transport to the train station in Ollantaytambo to take the 6:10 AM train. If you wish to start from Ollantaytambo we will pick you up at your hotel in Ollantaytambo by 5:30 AM. In an hour and 10 minutes on the Expedition train trip, you will arrive at 104 kilometer (2,100m/6,927ft) at the Cusco-Machu Picchu road where you will begin your trek and pass by the first check point. Afterwards, you will begin a moderate climb for about three hours to the magnificent archaeological site of Wiñayhuana (2,650m/8747ft). Once we arrive you may enjoy the spectacular views of the Urubamba Canyon, stunning Inca sites, and the connection with the traditional 4 day Inca Trail.
After you have had time to enjoy the beautiful site of Wiñayhuana, we continue our hike towards the Sun Gate (2,730mts/9,007ft). From there you will enjoy the first spectacular view of Machu Picchu in all its brilliance and majesty. After taking your first photos of Machu Picchu, we hike downhill for about one hour to Machu Picchu. Once there you will explore one of the most important mystic centers of the world: Machu Picchu Citadel. A two hour guided tour by your guide, will educate you on all of the fascinating history of this mysterious ruins. You will be touring circuit #3 one of the 4 possible circuits, Machu Pichhu Circuits.
At about 5 PM we head down to Aguas Calientes to take the return Expedition Train at 6:20 PM back to Ollantaytambo and from there catch our private van to Cusco and your hotel. You will arrive around 10:30 PM. (Train time depends on availability).
Meals: Box Lunch
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult.
Look our map:
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE 1 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Pick up at your hotel by your guide.
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station.
- Tourist bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- English speaking professional guide experienced in trekking.
- Expedition Tourist Train from Ollanataytambo to 104 kilometer and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo with a private van connection to Cusco and your hotel.
- Admission Ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- Private guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 1 Box lunch
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank carried by guide.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED NOT INCLUDED FOR THE 1 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
- It is not possible to do the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb due to time restraints.
- Energy snacks are not included, however they are very useful, such as chocolate bars or dried fruits.
- Dinner at Aguas Calientes is on your own.
- Tips for the staff (Sam Travel Peru staff receive a fair and decent payment immediately at the end their trip; tips are optional but greatly appreciated by them).
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train – (If you wish to update, it is US$67 per person – from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo on the 6:20 PM train).
ADDED VALUES FOR FREE:
- TRANSFER: from the airport to hotel included (Airport to Hotel in Cusco only).
Price & Availability
PRICES FOR THE 1 DAY INCA TRAIL
The 1 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is available on any date that suits you as long as it is not booked out. We just require a minimum of 2 persons to book.
- US$407 per person – 2 to 3 persons
- US$397 per person – 4 or more persons
PRIVATE SERVICE PRICES:
- US$457 per person – 2 to 3 persons
- US$437 per person – 4 or more persons
We require a minimum of 2 hikers to book unless you are booking Private Service!
PRIVATE PRICE 1 person only:
- US$547 per person – 1 persons only private trek
- 18 to 25 years old: US$30 Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required and government approval for discount is required.
- Under 18 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Upgrade to Vistadome: $67 per person from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo at 6:20 PM.
- Return Train Tickets for the next day on Expedition Train – (We can book your return train back to Ollantaytambo Train station for the next afternoon. Morning train tickets can be booked, however there is a added price increase for these tickets for the tickets and the van back to Cucsco from Ollantaytambo).
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is almost always available year round except it is closed in February for maintenance .This trek takes you into Machu Picchu by walking through the SUN GATE like the Incas did in ancient times. You will explore some amazing Inca ruins along the way such as Wiñaywayna Inca City.
CHECK YOUR 1 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU TREK AVAILABILITY BY CLICKING ON MONTH OF YOUR CHOICE!
“Please read carefully the following information; it will help you answer all of your questions about our services and the 1 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu”
WELCOME TO CUSCO
You will be welcomed at Cusco airport and taken to your hotel, please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding an orange board with Short Inca Trail Hike at the arrival terminal. You can be picked up on any date that is best suited to you!
It will take place the night before the trekking departure at 6pm in our office which is located at Calle Garcilaso #210 (second floor), in La Casa del Abuelo shopping center.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
Of course! During the 1 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are free. Please do not pack anything you will need for your hike.
HOW TO BOOK:
FIRST, to book your 1 day Inca Trail Machu Picchu Trek, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our home page or click here for the link to BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an Inca Trail permit without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd/mm/yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$211 (US$200 +US$11) which includes a 5.5% service charge by PayPal and Visa per person in order to purchase a permit for the 1 day Inca Trail Machu Picchu. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on our booking page or click here on the payment method of your choice, either VISA or PAYPAL.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of
PACKING LIST FOR THE SHORT INCA TRAIL MACHU PICCHU
The Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu DOES NOT INCLUDE the extra porter, so, you will need to carry all your things, please try to pack as light as possible which is the key to enjoying this amazing trek.
- Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Good daypack (25 to 30 liters)
- Water 1 to 2 liters of water
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Toilet Paper
- 1 t-shirts
- 1 hiking or comfortable pants
- Hiking socks
- Polar or sweater for early mornings and evenings
- Jacket if cold season
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medications
- Sun Hat
- Wool Hat if cold season for evenings or early morning
- Rain jacket – rainy season
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruit
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips